|Dirt storming Citroen C3 WRC 2017 world rally car, during testing.|
An excellent opportunity for motorsport engineers, to be part of the Citroen Racing's World Rally Championship programme for 2017 season! English & French speaking abilities is a must for this profile with sound knowledge of the sport with chassis preparation specialisation and upkeeping one Citroen C3 WRC car for the forthcoming season. This comes from the Citroen's motorsport chief Yves Matton himself, and if this doesn't excites you, then probably you are totally sane!
WRC Race Engineer https://t.co/Ot83aKL552— Yves Matton (@Yves_Matton) December 7, 2016
Interested candidates apply at their linkedin post here. Have a look of the Job description below, apply if you possess the skills needed and if interested. Good luck, and see you with the French team!
|Citroen Racing, WRC service support team during the first test of C3 WRC.|
Job descriptionRole purpose :
- It is a full time job, based in Versailles at Citroën Racing workshop.
- The person filling this role will be part of the chassis department.
- He will be a race engineer in charge of one car of the team for the year in the WRC championship.
The main responsibilities :
- Ensure optimum car performance during the rally, using experience and technical know-how.
- Ensure race car assembly according to specifications.
- Support the final build-up of the car and decide on its setup.
- Collaborate with the other engineers and pilots of the team and participates in the specification and set up.
- Coordinate and advise the car engineering and mechanics group.
- Actively cooperate with respective departments helping the development of the car.
- Participate to the various technical meetings, and monitor the resolution of problems during tests and races.
- Can take over responsibility for some test sessions, and ensure its presence on some others.
Skills and qualifications required:
- A degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering or equivalent.
- 5 years’ experience as a race engineer
- Excellent up-to-date technical knowledge especially regarding rally cars as well as relevant experience in a track environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- The ability to analyze and interpret data.
- The ability to prioritize and plan effectively .
- The ability to work under pressure and to deliver high quality to tight deadlines.
- The ability to lead a team.
- knowledge of Magneti Marelli software Wintax.
- knowledge of developer tools (VBA, Matlab, etc ...).
- Fluent English and French language skills.
- Willingness to travel and show a flexible approach to working hours.
- Good communication and team-working skills.
- Solid project management capabilities