|Sebastien Loeb - Citroen DS3 WRC|
|Sebastien Ogier - VW Polo R WRC|
Sebastien Loeb continues to dominate on the second day of Rally Monte-Carlo, with a comfortable lead of 1m34.8s. It was more of a controlled aggression by the driver/codrivers to tackle the tricky and mostly frozen twisty narrow mountain roads of Monaco.
Today first stage, SS5 was won by VW driver Sebastien Ogier in his Polo R WRC, while the Russian Evgeny Novikov claimed SS6 in his works Ford Fiesta RS WRC. Juha Hanninen went fastest and won his debut WRC stage win in another Qatar M-Sport WRT's, Ford Fiesta RS WRC.
Dani Sordo did not have any stage win, but rather a consistent drive to ensure he finished third overall by the end of day, i.e., SS10.
Pos Time | Diff.Prev | Diff.Leader | Driver (comp. no) | Car
- 3:16:29.1 | +00:00.0 | +00:00.0 | S. LOEB (1) | Citroen DS3 WRC
- 3:18:09.9 | +01.34.8 | +01:34.8 | S. OGIER (8) | VW Polo R WRC
- 3:19:07.1 | +01:03.2 | +02:38.0 | D. SORDO (10) | Citroen DS3 WRC
- 3:19:22.3 | +00:15.2 | +02:53.2 | E. NOVIKOV (5) | Ford Fiesta RS WRC
- 3:19:51.8 | +00:29.5 | +03:22.7 | M. HIRVONEN (2) | Citroen DS3 WRC
- 3:20:12.3 | +00:20.5 | +03:43.2 | J. LATVALA (7) | VW Polo R WRC
- 3:20:40.4 | +00:28.1 | +04:11.3 | J. HANNINEN (6) | Ford Fiesta RS WRC
- 3:22:14.5 | +01:34.1 | +05:45.4 | B. BOUFFIER (22) | Citroen DS3 WRC
- 3:22:18.1 | +00:03.6 | +05:49.0 | M. OSTBERG (4) | Ford Fiesta RS WRC
- 3:30:44.7 | +08:26.6 | +14:15.6 | M. PROKOP (21) | Ford Fiesta RS WRC
The best part of the rally & the media/tv house was to prepare and broadcast video highlights of the first 3 stage of the day, even before the second half action begun. Here it is.